When you think of Waco, TX you may think of Fixer Upper, the popular TV show featuring Chip and Joanna Gaines. Their brand, Magnolia, has put Waco on the tourism map and made the central Texas city a national attraction. Or, you may think of Baylor University and the nationally awarded Lady Bears basketball program, RGIII and the Bears football program, or you know, that compound from a few years back. Whatever it may be, you should know that Waco is growing and is set to catch up to larger cities in Texas. Waco is currently growing at an annual growth rate of .96% with Dallas proper growing at .13% annually and Houston at .07%. Though Austin is outpacing Waco, the proximity to Austin and Dallas on I-35 makes Waco a prime target for corporate expansion. Waco is a tertiary market yet national companies are relocating to the central Texas city and this is helping to spur growth.
The area is home to SpaceX, a space tourism and exploration company founded by Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Amazon is also nearing completion of it’s state of the art fulfillment center. The massive 700,000 square foot, $200 million robotics fulfillment center will bring around 1,000 jobs to the area making it the 5th largest employer in Waco.
For many local businesses the time is now to plant your digital flag in the ground with SEO and prepare for future competition as Waco grows and expands. We at Fire Source Media recommend hiring an agency to SEO your company in Waco, working towards establishing yourself as a digital leader in your industry for local based searches. With Baylor University, Magnolia, SpaceX, and now the Amazon fulfillment center, Waco is in a unique position both geographically and with the businesses the city is attracting to grow exponentially giving local businesses the ability to ride that wave.
How can you stake your ground on Google now before this exponential growth begins? Here is what we recommend.
- Rebuild your website with the SEO tools necessary to rank high on the SERPs. We recommend a customized WordPress site built with both speed and the right SEO tools to set you up for success.
- Blog strategically and regularly in order to create rich, keyword content on your site that is targeted to local search.
- Gather reviews from satisfied clients or customers on third party review sites including Google My Business to add social proof to your services.
- Manage Google My Business and post regularly.
- Advertise locally on Facebook and Instagram in order to drive social media traffic to your site.
- Guest blog on authoritative sites regularly to increase authoritative referring domains.
- Schedule an annual, or quarterly, press release with a reputable press release company.
- Build your email list and send out monthly or weekly emails to encourage direct traffic to your site.
In all, now is the time to get started marketing your company if you are a new or established business in the Waco area. Need help with your web presence or want to get started with SEO in Waco? Then call Fire Source Media today! We are here to help you position your company for success.